On this mini coach tour, we take a journey into Berkshire & Wiltshire to visit 3 popular sightseeing landmarks and their surrounding areas – Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Salisbury Cathedral!
During the day we’ll take visits to the historic town of Windsor where you'll have free time to explore the town and Windsor Castle (entrance not included)
The castle’s history spans almost 1000 years and still remains a working palace and you'll have free time to explore the castle and it's grounds.
We’ll also visit the World Heritage Site at Stonehenge, the world famous Stone Circle in Wiltshire. Stonehenge has attracted millions of visitors from all over the world and is one of the first places for any visitor to England to see.
The third location on the day’s to do list includes a visit to the Cathedral City of Salisbury where entrance into the famous cathedral is included. Inside this Early English Gothic cathedral you’ll find nearly 800 years of history including the Magna Carta (from 1215) and Europe’s oldest working clock (from 1386).
The cathedral also has Britain’s tallest spire and you’ll l have free time to explore inside the, perhaps climb the 332 steps to the tower to admire the magnificent views across Salisbury.
• Visit to Windsor
• Entrance into Stonehenge with audio guide
• Visit to Salisbury & Entrance into Salisbury Cathedral
• Luxury coach travel throughout
• Services of an Anderson Tours Tour Manager
07.30 - 09.15am London pick-ups
London Bridge (7.30am), Kings Cross (7.55am), Baker Street (8.10am), Victoria (8.25am), South Kensington (8.50am) Earls Court (9.00am), Hammersmith (9.15am)
Full details of pick up points can be found on our FAQ page here. You will receive details of your selected pick up on your E-Ticket.
We recommend you arrive at your departure/pick up point at least 10 minutes prior to your tour ensure you do not miss your tour! You must ensure you go to your booked pick up point as you may not be able to board at another location.
• After our Central London pick ups we journey to our first stop in Royal Windsor, journey time is approximately 45mins from London. (Entrance to the castle is not included). You will have free time to explore the Castle grounds and the surrounding historic town.
• We then head an approximately an hour away to Stonehenge, (entrance is included). Stonehenge is the most famous and iconic prehistoric site in the UK.
• We leave Stonehenge and head the short 15 minute drive away to the town of Salisbury to visit of the finest examples of medieval Cathedrals in Britain, it also boasts the country’s tallest spire (entrance included) and is the home of the Magna Carta. Free time in Salisbury is included to explore the Cathedral and the city at your leisure.
• After a day visiting some of the most popular sites in Wiltshire & Berkshire we’ll head back to Central London arriving approximately 7-8pm depending on traffic.
*Please note the above itinerary is a guide and is subject to change due to events or services in Windsor & Salisbury Cathedral, and the order of the visits may vary – your Tour Manager will let you know on the day*